29 April 2008, 11:11
Chechen MIA: Yamadaevs' involvement in kidnapping and murder confirmed by "Vostok" battalion
The Chechen Ministry of Internal Affairs asserts that Yamadaev brothers' participation in kidnapping and subsequent murdering Yusup and Yunus Arsamakovs has been evidenced by a former fighter of the "Vostok" (East) special battalion.
It became known today that Badruddi, younger brother of Sulim Yamadaev, commander of the "Vostok", has been announced into federal search on the kidnapping case.
A source in the Republic's law enforcement asserts that the investigation has serious grounds to suspect the Yamadaevs, and Badruddi personally, of kidnapping and murdering the Arsamakov brothers.
According to the militia source, a former fighter of the "Vostok" battalion has reported about the involvement of the Yamadaevs in kidnapping and subsequent murdering Yusup, 59, and Yunus, 56, Arsamakovs. The fighter told that the Arsamakov brothers were seized in the Shatoy District. Then, they were killed; their bodies were taken to the Vedeno District and burnt there. Burnt human bones were in fact found in the place that the fighter indicated," the source said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.
The criminal case opened on Arsamakovs' kidnapping in February 2007 was suspended last August.
Author: Muslim Ibragimov, CK correspondent;
- Rauf Mirkadirov's family granted political asylum in Switzerland
- Kislovodsk prosecutor's office cancels rejection to open criminal case on threats to Baichorov
- Turkic conference in Grozny presents educational projects for students and Lyceum pupils
- Tsarnaev's classmate confesses of keeping firearms and drugs
- Acts of violence against journalists in Armenia remain unpunished, rights defenders assert
- Ilkin Rustamzade put into dungeon of Baku SIZO for second time within month
- Court in Baku rejects complaint of rights defender Rasul Jafarov who claimed to change his custody
- Defence of Chechen native convicted in Pugachov intends to appeal against the verdict
- Armenian court takes to consideration appeals in the case of participants of "Million Mask March"
- Head of Dagestani militants swears to "Islamic State"