12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Human rights defenders and diplomats comdemn impunity in Akhmednabiev case
- In August 2014, 31 persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- In Volgograd, TEC rejects demand of "Rodina" candidate to recount votes
- 76 Azerbaijani life convicts ask Ilham Aliev to revise their cases
- In Dagestan, defence of convict for keeping "suicide belt" prepares appeal
- Over 400 refugees return daily to Ukraine from Russia through Rostov Region
- Sochi: defence of ex-Vice Mayor Vronsky demands from current Mayor to appear at trial
- "Rodina" candidate for Volgograd Regional Duma demands to recount ballots at 10 polling stations
- Armenian CoA upholds verdict to Volodya Avetisyan
- Volgograd Region: 15 colony inmates commit self-mutilation