12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Over 3000 Internet users sign in support of Stavropol rights defender Bogatenkova
- Court postpones hearing in case on massacre in Cherkessk in 2004
- Armenian rights defenders call on politicians to recognize Shant Arutyunyan as political prisoner
- HRC "Memorial" calls on head of Dagestan to intervene in the situation in Untsukul District
- Head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" detained in Stavropol Territory released
- Ex-Prime Minister Vano Merabishvili is sentenced to three years of imprisonment in case of Sandro Girgvliani's murder
- Leyla Yunus transferred to SIZO of Azerbaijani MNS
- Chechen law enforcers search for suspected accomplice of organizer of explosion on Grozny Day
- Prior to his disappearance in 2012, Khasan Zalikhanov, killed in Nalchik, was a policeman
- Residents of Vremenny complain to Ramazan Abdulatipov about law enforcers' actions