12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- KBR resident convicted for financing militants
- European Parliament urges Russia to recall alliance treaty with Abkhazia
- Court dealing with the case of Imam of Kislovodsk bans videoing the trial
- Sochi court finds builder Demerchyan guilty of false denunciation
- Court finds Nadezhda Tsapok guilty of land fraud
- MfE: the basic version of fire in rights defenders' office in Grozny is arson
- Court session on suit of Chechen MIA against Amriev who stated torture by police postponed till December 25
- Hassan Zakayev, native of Chechnya, suspected of aiding organizers of Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Court session on MoJ's lawsuit on liquidation of "Memorial" postponed at request of rights defenders
- In Chechnya, case of Khasan Edilkhanov accused of involvement in war in Syria sent to court