12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Gannushkina associates check of "Civil Assistance" with her criticism of Prosecutor's Office Law
- Power agents come to check offices of "Civil Assistance" and Transparency International, said Pavel Chikov
- Armenian opposition demands parliamentary hearings on murder in Gyumri
- Lawyers challenge arrest extension of three natives of Chechnya accused of attempting on MfE employees
- KBR resident sentenced to 3.5 years in colony for helping militants
- In Yerevan, entrepreneurs threaten Armenian authorities with sit-in strike
- Lawyers send complaint of Azerbaijanis convicted in NKR to ECtHR
- Azerbaijani MIA starts investigating attack on rights defender Gyunay Ismaylova
- Azerbaijani rights defenders express concern about Abdula Abilov's health
- Advocates of Azerbaijani citizens, convicted in NKR complain against verdict