12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of May 18-24
- Bikers cordon off hospital with Deni Mirzoev
- Readers of "Caucasian Knot" discuss opening of representative offices of DNR and LNR in Tskhinvali
- On May 18-24, at least four persons fell victim to armed conflict in Northern Caucasus
- ICRF completes investigation into Levon Airapetyan's case on embezzlement
- Relatives of Makhachkala resident report his disappearance
- Advocate visits Mukhammad Magomedov at Kaspiysk IVS
- Darya Polyudova dismissed because of law enforcers' pressure
- Radio Liberty editor-in-chief demands to stop repressions against Baku office
- Activist of "League of the Just" Mukhammad Magomedov kept at Makhachkala ROVD