12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Brothers of Pakhrudin Magomedov who disappeared in Makhachkala were killed by law enforcers, their uncle asserts
- In Stavropol, doctors operate on student detained on suspicion of aiding terrorism
- In Dagestan, one of Amirs of Aukh militants swears to leader of "Islamic State"
- Russian SC upholds verdict to Orkhan Zeinalov for murdering Muscovite Yegor Scherbakov
- Georgia's GPO accuses Saakashvili under "Girgvliani's case"
- ECtHR obliges Russia to pay Said Amirov 15,000 euros for his detention
- Ingush police refuse to announce versions on GIBDD inspector's murder because of secrecy of investigation
- In Moscow, advocates of Chechen natives accused of attacking policeman report on their clients' alibi
- ECtHR begins communicating with Azerbaijan on two complaints about torture and violations of right to liberty
- In Chechnya, local resident surrenders ammunition to police