12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Azerbaijani GPO questions IRFS accountant
- Azerbaijani rights defender Emil Mamedov pleads not guilty at trial
- Chechen residents could reject law enforcers' night questioning, experts assert
- Armenian rights defenders launch international inquiry into Karen Petrosyan's death
- Johar Tsarnaev's friend ready to plead guilty
- Editor-in-chief of "Derbent Izvestia" was not seriously injured at attack on him
- Advocate: Leyla Yunus exposed to psychological pressure in Azerbaijani SIZO
- Zatulin: Khajimba and Bjaniya have best chances of reaching second round at presidential election in Abkhazia
- Infographics. Statistics of victims in Northern Caucasus in July 2014 under the data of the Caucasian Knot
- In Dagestan, "Yabloko" regional leader refuses to complain about law enforcers' action during his detention