12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Case of Migaev, a native of Chechnya, sent to SC
- Female suicide bomber who blew up bus in Nevinnomyssk in 2007 identified
- NAC confirms killing of six militants in Dagestan
- In Khimki, near Moscow, advocate of Ingush native, accused of robbery, states incorrect qualification of offence
- In Dagestan, number of persons killed in special operation reaches ten
- In Azerbaijan, Court arrests for three months rights defender Talekh Khasmamedov accused of disorderly conduct
- Darya Polyudova reports on deterioration of her health at SIZO
- One more Gyumri protester charged with disorderly conduct
- Magomed Aushev brought home from Nalchik hospital
- NKR's CoA to announce verdict in case against Dilkham Askerov and Shakhbaz Guliev on March 10