12 May 2008, 18:25
Kadyrov reports dismissal of Yamadaev from commanding "Vostok" battalion
Sulim Yamadaev was dropped from command of the "Vostok" (East) battalion of the 42nd Motorized Rifle Division of the Ministry of Defence of Russia. This was stated today by President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov at the meeting with representatives of law enforcement bodies in Grozny.
Kadyrov said that Yamadaev was dropped from the command of the battalion, and the duties are now executed by another person. As he said, investigation is now underway in a number of crimes.
"The Republic has facts of numerous people disappearances without any reason and traces. The militaries of the 'Vostok' who would not like to be made responsible for others' crimes are giving evidences, and those guilty of deaths and disappearances shall be strictly punished, whoever they are - heroes or colonels," the "Interfax" quotes President as saying.
- Parliaments of Armenia and NKR urge international community to recognize Armenian Genocide
- Arrest of Shagid Gubashev extended until August 28
- Zaur Dadaev to stay in custody until August 28
- Ingush woman sentenced for involvement in armed underground
- Rights defenders urge Azerbaijani authorities to release Intigam Aliev
- Resident of Dagestan sentenced for involvement in IAF
- In Dagestan, man killed in shootout with policemen
- Alexander Tkachov's protégé to lead Krasnodar Territory
- Defence of Dagestani resident Imangazali Magomedov appeals against his sentence
- MCC upholds arrests of two defendants in Boris Nemtsov's case