16 June 2008, 18:34
Conflict of "Vostok" battalion versus authorities of Chechnya to continue on the Internet
Soon a new website can appear on the Internet - an attempt of the command of the GRU's "Vostok" (East) battalion to break through the information blockade held against it by the authorities of Chechnya.
One of the servicemen of the battalion, which is commanded by Sulim Yamadaev, has informed that the Internet-page will most probably appear under the TV Company "Vostok" founded by Isa Yamadaev several years ago, when he was not yet serving with the battalion. The Company was closed well before the open opposition of Yamadaev brothers against Ramzan Kadyrov.
"We're under information blockade. Absurd as it may be, even our parents start saying: is it really true?" the soldier expressed his indignation. "Now, every interested person will be able to learn from the website what official sources hush up," the soldier is quoted by "Gazeta GZT.ru" as saying.
Meanwhile, Yamadaev brothers reject the idea of the website. "I'm not aware," said Ruslan Yamadaev, elder brother of the battalion commander and former deputy of the State Duma. "I've nothing to do with the 'Vostok' battalion at all, although my brothers are at service there."
- Volgograd: rally "For Fair Elections" adopts resolution on violation of their electoral rights
- CTO regime lifted on border of Kazbek and Gumbet Districts of Dagestan
- In Krasnodar Territory, "Solidarity" activist accused of extremism
- HRC "Memorial": power agents would not let rights defenders into blocked Vremenny
- In Volgograd, 250 people rally in support of Ukrainians
- Situation in Ukraine acquires traits of Southern Caucasus conflicts, experts believe
- KBR's SC finds Biaslan Djaboev's belonging to militants unproved
- Obama's criticism of Azerbaijan may be followed by sanctions, civil society activists suppose
- Kizilyurt hosts protest demanding to establish whereabouts of kidnapped local
- UN HRC adopts resolution on journalists' safety