16 June 2008, 18:34
Conflict of "Vostok" battalion versus authorities of Chechnya to continue on the Internet
Soon a new website can appear on the Internet - an attempt of the command of the GRU's "Vostok" (East) battalion to break through the information blockade held against it by the authorities of Chechnya.
One of the servicemen of the battalion, which is commanded by Sulim Yamadaev, has informed that the Internet-page will most probably appear under the TV Company "Vostok" founded by Isa Yamadaev several years ago, when he was not yet serving with the battalion. The Company was closed well before the open opposition of Yamadaev brothers against Ramzan Kadyrov.
"We're under information blockade. Absurd as it may be, even our parents start saying: is it really true?" the soldier expressed his indignation. "Now, every interested person will be able to learn from the website what official sources hush up," the soldier is quoted by "Gazeta GZT.ru" as saying.
Meanwhile, Yamadaev brothers reject the idea of the website. "I'm not aware," said Ruslan Yamadaev, elder brother of the battalion commander and former deputy of the State Duma. "I've nothing to do with the 'Vostok' battalion at all, although my brothers are at service there."
- Case of Migaev, a native of Chechnya, sent to SC
- NAC confirms killing of six militants in Dagestan
- In Dagestan, number of persons killed in special operation reaches ten
- Darya Polyudova reports on deterioration of her health at SIZO
- NKR's CoA to announce verdict in case against Dilkham Askerov and Shakhbaz Guliev on March 10
- In Grozny, local residents report on new detentions of young men
- Residents of Azerbaijan pay tribute to 23rd anniversary of Khojaly tragedy
- Relatives of Avetisyan family demand to extradite Valery Permyakov to Armenian party
- In Georgia, three opposition parties start protests demanding government's resignation
- Court finds Nalchik resident guilty of involvement in IAF in Syria