16 June 2008, 18:34
Conflict of "Vostok" battalion versus authorities of Chechnya to continue on the Internet
Soon a new website can appear on the Internet - an attempt of the command of the GRU's "Vostok" (East) battalion to break through the information blockade held against it by the authorities of Chechnya.
One of the servicemen of the battalion, which is commanded by Sulim Yamadaev, has informed that the Internet-page will most probably appear under the TV Company "Vostok" founded by Isa Yamadaev several years ago, when he was not yet serving with the battalion. The Company was closed well before the open opposition of Yamadaev brothers against Ramzan Kadyrov.
"We're under information blockade. Absurd as it may be, even our parents start saying: is it really true?" the soldier expressed his indignation. "Now, every interested person will be able to learn from the website what official sources hush up," the soldier is quoted by "Gazeta GZT.ru" as saying.
Meanwhile, Yamadaev brothers reject the idea of the website. "I'm not aware," said Ruslan Yamadaev, elder brother of the battalion commander and former deputy of the State Duma. "I've nothing to do with the 'Vostok' battalion at all, although my brothers are at service there."
- In Azerbaijan, Ali Gyulalyev's father claims political motives of case against his son
- International Society ‘Memorial’ calls for cessation of military aggression against Ukraine. Appeal to the President of the Russian Federation
- "Soldiers' Mothers of Saint Petersburg" put on register of foreign agents after requesting about Russian militaries in Ukraine
- SPCh: over 1000 Russian servicemen sent from Rostov Region to Ukraine
- In Sochi, "Rospotrebnadzor" suspends operation of two McDonald's restaurants
- Experts treat California's resolution on NKR's independence as step to its international recognition
- California State Senate adopts resolution recognizing Nagorno-Karabakh
- Investigators re-open criminal case on disappearance of two Chechen residents
- Armenia: court leaves Ovannisyan and Petrosyan, participants of "Million Mask March", under arrest
- Rights defenders: contract soldiers lost in Rostov Region fought in Ukraine