16 June 2008, 18:34
Conflict of "Vostok" battalion versus authorities of Chechnya to continue on the Internet
Soon a new website can appear on the Internet - an attempt of the command of the GRU's "Vostok" (East) battalion to break through the information blockade held against it by the authorities of Chechnya.
One of the servicemen of the battalion, which is commanded by Sulim Yamadaev, has informed that the Internet-page will most probably appear under the TV Company "Vostok" founded by Isa Yamadaev several years ago, when he was not yet serving with the battalion. The Company was closed well before the open opposition of Yamadaev brothers against Ramzan Kadyrov.
"We're under information blockade. Absurd as it may be, even our parents start saying: is it really true?" the soldier expressed his indignation. "Now, every interested person will be able to learn from the website what official sources hush up," the soldier is quoted by "Gazeta GZT.ru" as saying.
Meanwhile, Yamadaev brothers reject the idea of the website. "I'm not aware," said Ruslan Yamadaev, elder brother of the battalion commander and former deputy of the State Duma. "I've nothing to do with the 'Vostok' battalion at all, although my brothers are at service there."
- Chechnya: Prosecutor's Office and CEC fixed no removals of "Golos" observers from polling stations
- Russian MoD intends to recruit 500 soldiers from Chechnya
- Kalmykia: oppositional parties state election violations
- In Dagestan, PEC member demands to punish policemen who detained him
- Human rights defenders and diplomats comdemn impunity in Akhmednabiev case
- In Volgograd, TEC rejects demand of "Rodina" candidate to recount votes
- Over 400 refugees return daily to Ukraine from Russia through Rostov Region
- "Rodina" candidate for Volgograd Regional Duma demands to recount ballots at 10 polling stations
- Krasnodar Territory to deploy over 70 TACs for Ukrainian refugees
- "Edinaya Rossiya" candidate demands vote recount at elections to Volgograd Regional Duma