16 June 2008, 18:34
Conflict of "Vostok" battalion versus authorities of Chechnya to continue on the Internet
Soon a new website can appear on the Internet - an attempt of the command of the GRU's "Vostok" (East) battalion to break through the information blockade held against it by the authorities of Chechnya.
One of the servicemen of the battalion, which is commanded by Sulim Yamadaev, has informed that the Internet-page will most probably appear under the TV Company "Vostok" founded by Isa Yamadaev several years ago, when he was not yet serving with the battalion. The Company was closed well before the open opposition of Yamadaev brothers against Ramzan Kadyrov.
"We're under information blockade. Absurd as it may be, even our parents start saying: is it really true?" the soldier expressed his indignation. "Now, every interested person will be able to learn from the website what official sources hush up," the soldier is quoted by "Gazeta GZT.ru" as saying.
Meanwhile, Yamadaev brothers reject the idea of the website. "I'm not aware," said Ruslan Yamadaev, elder brother of the battalion commander and former deputy of the State Duma. "I've nothing to do with the 'Vostok' battalion at all, although my brothers are at service there."
- Head of Novokubansk District offered to resign
- Former special forces officer appointed new chief of North-Caucasian VOGOiP
- Ashot Gulyan re-elected speaker of NKR's National Assembly
- Dagestan: Nuridin Magomedov was thought to be militants' helper
- Petition on court disqualification in Amirov's case rejected
- Advocate of Dadaev's family files complaint against investigator's actions
- Russia's SC softens verdict to resident of Astrakhan Region for recruiting militants
- Two local residents detained in CTO zone in Dagestan
- In South Ossetia, local resident killed by anti-personnel mine
- In Makhachkala, journalists granted awards in memory of Khadjimurad Kamalov