16 June 2008, 18:34
Conflict of "Vostok" battalion versus authorities of Chechnya to continue on the Internet
Soon a new website can appear on the Internet - an attempt of the command of the GRU's "Vostok" (East) battalion to break through the information blockade held against it by the authorities of Chechnya.
One of the servicemen of the battalion, which is commanded by Sulim Yamadaev, has informed that the Internet-page will most probably appear under the TV Company "Vostok" founded by Isa Yamadaev several years ago, when he was not yet serving with the battalion. The Company was closed well before the open opposition of Yamadaev brothers against Ramzan Kadyrov.
"We're under information blockade. Absurd as it may be, even our parents start saying: is it really true?" the soldier expressed his indignation. "Now, every interested person will be able to learn from the website what official sources hush up," the soldier is quoted by "Gazeta GZT.ru" as saying.
Meanwhile, Yamadaev brothers reject the idea of the website. "I'm not aware," said Ruslan Yamadaev, elder brother of the battalion commander and former deputy of the State Duma. "I've nothing to do with the 'Vostok' battalion at all, although my brothers are at service there."
- Hideout with anti-tank missiles found in South Ossetia
- Court dismisses second advocate of Anzor Gubashev
- Intigam Aliev sentenced to 7.5 years in prison
- Court leaves Khamzat Bakhaev in custody until August 28
- MCC leaves Tamerlan Eskerkhanov under arrest
- Foreign Minister of South Ossetia dismissed
- Court extends arrest of Anzor Gubashev until August 28
- PACE Committee treats guilty verdict against Rasul Jafarov as revenge act
- Shelling in Karabakh conflict zone results in casualties and victims
- Boris Stomakhin's defence demands to cancel sentence in case of justification of terror acts