TopicsSociety, Politics, Interethnic relations, Human rights, Culture, Crime, Conflicts, Economics, Nature And Ecology, Incidents, Tourism, Terror acts in Moscow and Caucasus, Price of Olympics
RegionsAbkhazia / Adjaria / Adygeia / Armenia / Astrakhan region / Azerbaijan / Chechnya / Dagestan / Georgia / Ingushetia / Kabardino-Balkaria / Kalmykia / Karachaevo-Cherkesia / Krasnodar region / Nagorny Karabakh / North Caucasus / North Ossetia - Alania / North-Caucasian Federal District / Rostov region / Russia / South Caucasus / South Federal District / South Ossetia / Stavropol region / Volgograd region
Ombudsman of Chechnya dissatisfied with search of mass burial
Nurdi Nukhazhiev, Ombudsman in Chechnya, believes that the investigatory actions on the fact of bombardment on October 29, 1999, of a column of refugees on the highway Petropavlovskaya - Goryacheistochnenskaya village, and detection of a mass burial are being held improperly.
Nurdi Nukhazhiev's statement runs that the check is made superficially, respective specialists are not attracted, same as the equipment and the human rights activists, who had initiated the start of the investigation.
Earlier, the Republic's law enforcement bodies have declared that in the territory of a former asphalt factory at the village of Goryacheistochnenskaya, the Grozny District of Chechnya, no human remains have been detected.
According to the RIA "Novosti", Mr Nukhazhiev has stated that "the very fact of detection during the superficial survey of the incident site of fragments of a passenger car and clothes is an evidence of a correct direction of the search, but, apparently, they didn't want to 'dig deeper'."
See earlier reports: "No militaries' victims found in Grozny District of Chechnya."
|Знаешь больше? Не молчи!||SMS: 8 903-767-6060||Форма мобильной связи|
- Grozny residents are forced to go to subbotniks to clean city on eve of May Day celebrations
- Moscow MIA: native of Northern Caucasus opens fire in metro on four Belarusians
- Resident of Volgograd Region, accused of setting fire to drilling rigs near Khopyor River, rams the gate of geologists' base
- North Caucasus marked Easter without accidents
- Sochi administration claims conducting no works to install monument to Afghan war veterans in Komsomolsky Park