06 August 2008, 18:22
Chechen MoI announces Sulim Yamadayev in Federal wanted list
Sulim Yamadayev, former commander of the Russian MoD "Vostok" battalion is in the Federal wanted list. This has been reported by Ruslan Alkhanov, Chechen Minister of Interior, during his meeting with Ramzan Kadyrov, president of the republic.
"Yesterday I received information from the investigation department of the Investigation Committee for Chechnya under the Russian Prosecutor's Office to the effect that Sulim Yamadayev is included into the Federal wanted list", said Alkhanov.
The official representative of the ICP on Chechnya announced that, on May 4, Gudermes inter-district investigation department initiated a criminal case under the article 105, para 1, (murder) against a group of persons headed by Yamadayev, reports RIA "Novisti".
"There are materials which confirm his involvement into kidnappings and other serious crimes ", noted Alkhanov.
Kadyrov noted in this connection that Yamadayev must be detained and brought before the court, reports the official site of the President and the Chechen Republic's Government.
"He is a criminal, and criminals must be made responsible for want they have done. No matter what the capacity or name of the person is, what his merits are or how many medals he has been awarded. The matter is that he has violated the law and is involved into serious crimes as confirmed by indisputable evidence ", said Kadyrov.
Additionally, Kadyrov stressed the necessity to pay attention to other Yamadayev's brothers who, in his opinion, may be involved, in various degrees, with Sulim Yamadayev's activity.
- Four-year-old girl beaten up in Grozny is in grave condition
- Resident of Makhachkala states disappearance of her husband
- In Volgograd, 40 persons rally in support of State Duma MP Nikolai Parshin
- Georgian municipal officials receive unjustified bonuses, says NGO
- ICRF: professional activities of Zheleznovodsk City Duma Speaker is considered among reasons for attempt on him
- Tsarnaev's acquaintance found guilty of concealing evidence of terror act in Boston
- North-Caucasian militants released video evidence of Umarov's death
- In Stavropol Territory, policemen kill a man who opened fire on them
- Explosion occurs near the house of City Duma Speaker in Zheleznovodsk
- Prosecution demands 18 years of imprisonment for Zeinalov