03 March 2009, 18:00
Sochi starts electoral campaign of City Mayor
The city of Sochi (Krasnodar Territory) has launched its electoral campaign of the Mayor, towards the election to take place on April 26. The City Electoral Commission (CEC) will stop receiving documents from candidates for the Mayor of Sochi on March 26, as Yuri Rykov, chairman of the Commission has explained.
On March 2, the CEC considered the action plan on preparation and holding the early election of the Mayor of Sochi. Now, the city has 4 territorial electoral commissions and 210 local ones. The UGA.ru portal reports that as of January 1, 2009, Sochi counts 296,150 voters.
So far, the CEC has received no applications. This electoral campaign will be shorter than the previous one; its term has been shortened by one third. The "Vecherni Sochi" newspaper writes that the law on municipal elections in Krasnodar Territory allows doing it.
As of today, Sochi is governed by Anatoly Pakhomov, Vice-Mayor, who was appointed Acting Mayor on January 20 and replaced Dzhambulat Khatuov, who became, in his turn, the First Vice-Governor of the Krasnodar Territory.
- Defender of Zaur Dadaev denies his client's rejection of confession in Boris Nemtsov's case
- Ex-workers of "Khimprom" claim problems with employment in Volgograd
- Ruslan Magomedragimov used to fight for rights of Samur and Derbent residents
- "Sadval" activist Ruslan Magomedragimov found dead in Dagestan
- Khadija Ismayilova meets her family members for first time since her arrest
- In Dagestan, head of Novolak District calls on to stop hunger strike in Shushiya village
- On April 1, MCC to consider complaint about arrest of defendants in case of Boris Nemtsov's murder
- "Kommersant": in Boris Nemtsov's case, investigators shift focus from opponents of "Charlie Hebdo" towards persons who ordered murder
- In North Ossetia, resident of Redant returns land plot to cemetery
- Experts associate large-scale CTO regime in Dagestan with Patrushev's visit to Caucasus