TopicsSociety, Politics, Interethnic relations, Human rights, Culture, Crime, Conflicts, Economics, Nature And Ecology, Incidents, Tourism, Terror acts in Moscow and Caucasus, Price of Olympics
RegionsAbkhazia / Adjaria / Adygeia / Armenia / Astrakhan region / Azerbaijan / Chechnya / Dagestan / Georgia / Ingushetia / Kabardino-Balkaria / Kalmykia / Karachaevo-Cherkesia / Krasnodar region / Nagorny Karabakh / North Caucasus / North Ossetia - Alania / North-Caucasian Federal District / Rostov region / Russia / South Caucasus / South Federal District / South Ossetia / Stavropol region / Volgograd region
Jul 07 2009, 21:00
|Remarks by the President of the USA Barak Obama at the New Economic School Graduation, Moscow, July 7, 2009.|
Jun 26 2009, 01:00
|This SCA study contains an assessment of the current conflict and cooperation dynamics in the North Caucasus with a focus on developments in the region that have taken place since the previous Strategic Reconstruction and Development Assessment (SRDA) study conducted in 2005 and updated in 2006.|
Jun 22 2009, 15:04
|The South Caucasus Network of Human Rights Defenders is extremely concerned about the arrests of activists of Georgian opposition political parties and violence used against them. These events have been continuing during last two months, starting from the kick off of the public demonstrations on 9 April 2009 and escalating recently.|
Jun 17 2009, 11:47
|The South Caucasus Network of Human Rights Defenders is alarmed about the draft amendments to the Law of Republic of Azerbaijan "On Non-governmental organizations (public associations and foundations)" that are due to be discussed on 19 June by the Parliament of Azerbaijan. Should these amendments be adopted as they stand, they would severely curtail freedom of association in contradiction with the Constitution of Azerbaijan, international obligations undertaken by the country, in particular obligations steaming from the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the commitments under European Union Eastern Partnership, Council of Europe and OSCE.|
- Lali Antiya, leader of NGO "Women for Peace", detained in Georgia
- Samedbeili: "Musavat" activists detained in Makhachkala convoyed to Baku
- In Azerbaijan, PFPA disseminates letter of arrested activist, who complains about torture
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of February 17-23
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events of March 3-9
- Week in the Caucasus: review of main events on February 24-March 2
- Kadyrov's claim to head of HRC "Memorial" to continue on October 6
- "Caucasian Knot" suffers regular DDoS-attacks
- During DDoS-attacks on the Caucasian Knot all news accessible in social networks
- Rules for users' behaviour on the "Caucasian Knot" interactive services
- Do you want to support <br> The Caucasian Knot?
- National Reconciliation in South Ossetia
- Frank Judd: "Situation in Chechnya affects not only locals, but the global community as a whole"
- Espen Barth Eide: "My best advice to countries of the Caucasus is to progress towards the Western democracy"
- Interview with Tom de Waal "I look optimistically at the problem of normalizing Armenian-Turkish relations, since societies change and people become more open for possible changes"
- Olympic Games in Sochi: Contacts for the Media
- Sochi Olympics: environmental problems
- Terror acts committed by suicide bombers in the territory of the Russian Federation
- Social Marketing in Rostov: Student's Rights
- Social Marketing in Ryazan: Costs of the War in Chechnya
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation N 686 "On the use of high security during the XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games of 2014 in Sochi"
- Joint Statement by the Heads of Delegation of the Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries and the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan
- Divided Europe Reunited: promoting human rights and civil liberties in the OSCE region in the 21st century
- Maxim Shevchenko's open letter to Chairman and members of Presidential Council for Civil Society Development and Human Rights
- Statement of Cherkessian organizations on a disastrous situation of Cherkessian diaspora in Syria
- Statement of Armenian public organizations about extraordinary session of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on November 21, 2012